Jarod Lucas leads the Oregon State Beavers (13-11) into a matchup with the Utah Utes (10-11) after putting up 26 points in a 73-62 win over Stanford. The Beavers are 3.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup has a point total of 133.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 3, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.5 points of each other.
The model predicts a total 3.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Utah 70, Oregon State 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Utes’ average implied point total this season is 3.2 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (72.2 implied points on average compared to 69 implied points in this game).
- Utah has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (69) 13 times this season.
- The 72.7-point average implied total on the season for the Beavers is 7.7 more points than the team’s 65-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oregon State has scored more than 65 points in 15 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Utah and Oregon State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Utes have a 45.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% higher than the 43% of shots the Beavers’ opponents have knocked down.
- When Utah shoots higher than 43% from the field, it is 8-7 against the spread and 9-6 overall.
- Oregon State’s record is 11-3-1 against the spread and 10-6 overall when its opponents make more than 45.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Beavers are shooting 42.4% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 43.9% the Utes’ opponents have shot this season.
- Oregon State has put together a 9-0-1 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall in games when it shoots above 43.9% from the field.
- Utah is 7-1 overall and 6-2 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot above 42.4% from the field.
- The Utes shoot 34.2% from three-point range, 5% higher than the 29.2% the Beavers allow to opponents.
- Utah has put together a 6-7 record against the spread and an 8-5 straight-up record in games this season when knocking down more than 29.2% of its three-point shots.
- Oregon State has compiled an 11-3-1 against the spread while going 11-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.2% from deep.
- The Beavers are making 34% of their shots from three-point distance, which is -1.7 percentage points higher than the 35.7% the Utes’ are averaging on the season.
- Oregon State is 7-3-1 ATS and 9-3 overall when the team hits more than 35.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah has a 4-6 ATS record and a 6-4 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 34% of its three-point shots.
- When Oregon State makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-3 against the spread and 6-5 overall. When Utah is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-10 ATS and 5-10 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from