Big East opponents meet when the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (14-10) host the Providence Friars (12-11) at Carnesecca Arena, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. The Friars are 1.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The over/under for the matchup is set at 150.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 3, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Red Storm (-1.5)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Red Storm favored by 1.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (3.0 points).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 1.7 points higher than the model projection.
Prediction: Saint John’s (NY) 76, Providence 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Red Storm have an average implied point total of 78.2 this season, which is 2.2 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (76).
- Saint John’s (NY) has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (76) 14 times this season.
- The Friars’ average implied point total on the season (71.9 points) is 3.1 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (75 points).
- Providence has scored more than 75 points in seven games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Saint John’s (NY) and Providence Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Red Storm make 45.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.3 percentage points higher than the Friars have allowed to their opponents (43.8%).
- In games when Saint John’s (NY) shoots higher than 43.8% from the field, it is 11-3 against the spread and 12-4 overall.
- Providence is 7-3 against the spread and 9-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Friars have shot at a 43.4% rate from the field this season, 3.4 percentage points less than the 46.8% shooting opponents of the Red Storm have averaged.
- This season, Providence has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.8% from the field.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 7-1 overall and 7-1 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot over 43.4% from the field.
- The Red Storm’s 35% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Friars have shot from beyond the arc (30.5%).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 12-4 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it shoots better than 30.5% from deep.
- Providence has put up an 8-4 against the spread while going 8-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35% from downtown.
- The Friars shoot 33.3% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -1.8 percentage points higher than the Red Storm have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.1%).
- Providence has a 7-2 ATS record and is 6-4 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Saint John’s (NY) has an 8-2 ATS record and an 8-3 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 33.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Red Storm connect on 7.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 more made shots on average than the 6.4 per game the Friars allow.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 9-2 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Providence is 2-7 ATS and 4-7 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from