The Stanford Cardinal (14-11) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they visit the USC Trojans (19-6) as 7.5-point underdogs at 10:30 PM ET on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at Galen Center. The matchup airs on FS1. The matchup has an over/under set at 136.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 3, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Trojans to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (8.6 to 7.5).
The model predicts a total 3.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: USC 74, Stanford 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Trojans have an average implied point total of 73.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (72).
- USC has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (72) 16 times this season.
- The 72.2-point average implied total on the season for the Cardinal is 7.2 more points than the team’s 65-point implied total in this matchup.
- Stanford has totaled more than 65 points 18 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and Stanford Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Trojans are shooting 46.3% from the field this season, 5.6 percentage points higher than the 40.7% the Cardinal allow to opponents.
- In games when USC shoots higher than 40.7% from the field, it is 17-2 overall and 14-5 against the spread.
- Stanford’s record is 13-5 overall and 9-7-1 against the spread when its opponents make more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Cardinal’s 47.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is 8.4 percentage points higher than the Trojans have given up to their opponents (39.3%).
- Stanford is 14-7 overall and 10-10 against the spread when it makes more than 39.3% of its shots from the field.
- USC is 14-7 against the spread and 17-5 overall in games its opponents shoot above 47.7% from the field.
- The Trojans’ 34.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.6 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cardinal have shot from beyond the arc (32.9%).
- USC has put together an 11-3 record against the spread and a 12-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 32.9% of its three-point shots.
- Stanford has put together a 6-8-1 against the spread while going 8-8 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.5% from deep.
- The Cardinal shoot 32.6% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 1.2 percentage points lower than the Trojans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.8%).
- Stanford is 5-5 straight-up and has a 5-5 ATS record when the team hits more than 33.8% of its three-point attempts.
- USC has a 10-0 straight-up record and a 9-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 32.6% from three-point distance.
- USC has gone 9-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Stanford hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-9 ATS and 11-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from