The No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (18-2) are at home in Big Ten action against the Michigan State Spartans (14-10) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Wolverines are double-digit favorites by 12.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 3, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wolverines this season is 76.5 points, 0.5 more points than their implied total of 76 points in Thursday’s game.
- Michigan has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (76) 13 times.
- The Spartans’ average implied point total on the season (76.4 points) is 12.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Michigan State has scored more than 64 points in 17 games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Michigan and Michigan State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wolverines are shooting 49.3% from the field this season, 6.9 percentage points higher than the 42.4% the Spartans allow to opponents.
- Michigan has a 14-2 record against the spread and a 17-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 42.4% from the field.
- Michigan State has a 6-10 record against the spread and a 13-7 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 49.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Spartans are shooting 42.7% from the field, 4% higher than the 38.7% the Wolverines’ opponents have shot this season.
- Michigan State is 7-10 against the spread and 14-5 overall when it shoots better than 38.7% from the field.
- When opponents of Michigan shoot greater than 42.7% from the field, it is 13-2 against the spread and 16-0 overall.
- The Wolverines shoot 38.9% from deep, 7.8% higher than the 31.1% the Spartans allow to opponents.
- Michigan is 15-0 overall and 13-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.1% from distance.
- Michigan State is 7-8 against the spread while putting up a 12-6 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 38.9% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Spartans shoot 32.7% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 0.5 percentage points lower than the Wolverines have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33.2%).
- Michigan State has a 3-5 ATS record and has gone 7-3 straight-up when hitting more than 33.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Michigan has a 9-2 ATS record and an 11-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.7% from downtown.
- The Wolverines are 8-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Spartans are 2-6 ATS and 5-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from