The Boston Celtics (17-16) host the Los Angeles Clippers (24-12) as 4-point underdogs after Jayson Tatum put up 31 points in the Celtics’ 111-110 victory over the Wizards. The game airs on TNT at 7:30 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is 222.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 2, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Clippers vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 2
Patrick Patterson: Out (Personal)
Jaylen Brown: Day To Day (Knee),
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (+4)|
|Total Pick||Over (222.5)|
|Prediction||Clippers 112, Celtics 111|
The model favors the Clippers by 1.4 points, just 2.6 less than the 4-point spread set by DraftKings.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.2 points of each other.
Clippers Key Players
Clippers Player Props
- Kawhi Leonard’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 1.3 points less than his season average of 26.8.
- Ivica Zubac’s rebounding prop total for the game is set at 6.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds lower than his season average of 6.8.
- Paul George’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Serge Ibaka’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Tatum’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 0.9 higher than his season average of 36.6.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 1.4 lower than his season average of 21.9.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
- This season, the Clippers have a 48.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.6% higher than the 46.8% of shots the Celtics’ opponents have made.
- Los Angeles is 18-6 against the spread and 21-3 overall when it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- Boston has a 12-10 record against the spread and a 13-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 48.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Celtics’ 46.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Clippers have given up to their opponents.
- This season, Boston has a 13-6 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46.7% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot greater than 46.4% from the field, it is 11-7 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- The Clippers’ 41.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Celtics have shot from deep (35.5%).
- Los Angeles has put together a 15-9 record against the spread and an 18-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 35.5% of its three-point shots.
- Boston has put up a 14-13 against the spread while going 14-13 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 41.6% from deep.
- The Celtics’ three-point shooting percentage this season (36.9%) is just 1.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Clippers are averaging (35.7%).
- Boston is 14-6 ATS and 15-5 overall when the team makes more than 35.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 14-9 ATS and 17-6 overall in games it shoots above 36.9% from deep.
- The Clippers connect on 14.3 three-pointers per game this season, 2.1 more made shots on average than the 12.2 per game the Celtics give up.
- When Los Angeles makes more threes than its opponents, it is 18-7 against the spread and 21-4 overall. When Boston is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-9 ATS and 6-9 straight up.
- The Clippers rank sixth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Celtics give up the seventh-fewest made threes in the league.
Clippers vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|Clippers Rank||Clippers AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from