The Iowa State Cyclones (2-18) will look to stop a 14-game losing streak when they host the No. 15 Texas Longhorns (14-7) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at Hilton Coliseum as big, 11-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total is set at 142.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 2, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.3 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.8 points of each other.
Prediction: Texas 77, Iowa State 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Longhorns have an average implied point total of 73.5 this season, which is 3.5 points lower than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (77).
- So far this season, Texas has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (77) 11 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cyclones (78) is 12 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Iowa State has scored more than this game’s implied total of 66 points nine times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas and Iowa State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Longhorns have a 44.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1% lower than the 45.7% of shots the Cyclones’ opponents have made.
- In games when Texas shoots better than 45.7% from the field, it is 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread.
- Iowa State has put up a 5-6 record against the spread and a 2-9 record overall when its opponents hit more than 44.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Cyclones are shooting 42.7% from the field, -2% lower than the 40.7% the Longhorns’ opponents have shot this season.
- Iowa State is 2-10 overall and 5-7 against the spread when it makes more than 40.7% of its attempts from the field.
- Texas is 7-5 against the spread and 9-3 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 42.7% from the field.
- The Longhorns are making 34.4% of their three-point shots this season, 1.8% higher than the 32.6% the Cyclones allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Texas has a 4-7 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 32.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Iowa State has a 6-4 record against the spread while going 2-8 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.4% from downtown.
- The Cyclones’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.2%) is only 0.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Longhorns are averaging (32.7%).
- Iowa State’s record is 5-5 ATS and 1-9 overall when the team makes more than 32.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas is 5-6 ATS and 8-3 overall in games when shooting above 33.2% from deep.
- The Longhorns make 9.3 three-pointers per game this season, 2.0 more makes per game than the Cyclones allow (7.3).
- Texas is 6-11 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Iowa State is 2-6 ATS and 0-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from