The Arizona State Sun Devils (10-11) are favored (-5) to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Washington State Cougars (14-12) at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, March 1, 2021 at Desert Financial Arena (AZ). The game airs on PACN. The point total in the matchup is set at 146.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 1, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.3 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (144.6 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (146 points).
Prediction: Arizona State 75, Washington State 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Sun Devils have an average implied point total of 78.7 this season, which is 2.7 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (76).
- Arizona State is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (76) for the ninth time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cougars (72.4) is 1.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (71).
- Washington State has put up more than 71 points in 12 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Arizona State and Washington State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Sun Devils have a 44.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.9% higher than the 41.2% of shots the Cougars’ opponents have made.
- Arizona State has a 10-5 straight-up record and a 3-10-1 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 41.2% from the field.
- Washington State is 10-6 against the spread and 13-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 44.1% from the field.
- The Cougars are shooting 41.1% from the field, 3.6% lower than the 44.7% the Sun Devils’ opponents have shot this season.
- Washington State is 7-2 overall and 7-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 44.7% from the field.
- When Arizona State’s opponents hit better than 41.1% from the field, it is 1-4 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- The Sun Devils’ 33.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cougars have shot from deep (31.6%).
- Arizona State has a 3-8-1 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall when the team connects on more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Washington State is 10-6 against the spread and 12-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 33.8% from deep.
- The Cougars shoot 34.3% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -1.7 percentage points higher than the Sun Devils have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36%).
- Washington State has a 7-5 ATS record and is 7-5 straight-up in games when the team makes more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Arizona State has a 2-5 ATS record and a 5-3 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 34.3% from three-point range.
- The Cougars are 9-6-1 against the spread and 9-7 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Sun Devils are 0-9-1 ATS and 5-6 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from