Donovan Mitchell and the Utah Jazz (27-7) are 6.5-point favorites against Zion Williamson and the New Orleans Pelicans (14-19) Monday, March 1, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The matchup tips off at 8:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The point total in the matchup is set at 235.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 1, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 1
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
JJ Redick: Day To Day (Hamstring)
|Spread Pick||Jazz (-6.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (235.5)|
|Prediction||Jazz 117, Pelicans 109|
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Jazz to walk away with the win, but the model spread (7.9) is 1.4 points further in their direction.
The model projects a total (226.6 points) much lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game (235.5 points). Take the under.
Jazz Key Players
Jazz Player Props
- Mitchell’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 1.0 point greater than his season average of 24.5.
- Rudy Gobert’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.2 lower than his season average of 28.7.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Mike Conley’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Williamson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 3.4 lower than his season average of 35.9.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 8.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds less than his season average of 9.1.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Brandon Ingram’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- The Jazz make 46.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.5 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.4%).
- Utah has a 14-2 record against the spread and a 15-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.4% from the field.
- New Orleans’ record is 10-5 against the spread and 11-4 overall when its opponents make more than 46.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans have shot at a 48.3% rate from the field this season, 3.9 percentage points greater than the 44.4% shooting opponents of the Jazz have averaged.
- This season, New Orleans has a 13-13 record against the spread and a 12-15 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.4% from the field.
- When Utah’s opponents shoot higher than 48.3% from the field, it is 23-3-1 against the spread and 25-2 overall.
- The Jazz are making 39.6% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% higher than the 39.4% the Pelicans allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Utah is 14-1 against the spread and 14-1 overall when it shoots better than 39.4% from distance.
- New Orleans is 11-6 against the spread and 13-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 39.6% from deep.
- The Pelicans shoot 36.3% from three-point distance this season. That’s -1.1 percentage points lower than the Jazz have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.2%).
- New Orleans has a 12-6 ATS record and is 12-6 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah has a 17-1-1 ATS record and an 18-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.3% from three-point range.
- The Jazz hit 16.9 three-pointers per game this season, 5.5 more made shots on average than the 11.4 per game the Pelicans allow.
- Utah has gone 24-4-1 against the spread and 25-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New Orleans makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 6-18 ATS and 7-18 straight up.
- The Jazz rank first in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Pelicans allow the most made threes in the league.
Jazz vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from