The Houston Rockets (11-20) host the Memphis Grizzlies (14-15) after losing three home games in a row. The Grizzlies are favored by only 0.5 points in the contest, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 28, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 221.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 28, 2021, 7:08 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 28
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Killian Tillie: Day To Day (Foot),
Grayson Allen: Out (Concussion Protocol)
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+0.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (221.5)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 112, Rockets 111|
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.3 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The model’s predicted total (221.3 points) and the DraftKings set total (221.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Ja Morant’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 0.6 higher than his season average of 29.9.
- Jonas Valanciunas’ rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 11.5 boards, 0.1 rebounds greater than his season average of 11.4.
- Grayson Allen’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- De’Anthony Melton’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop total for the game is set at 10.5 rebounds, 0.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.2.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 0.5 higher than his season average of 30.0.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Oladipo’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
- This season, the Grizzlies have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% higher than the 45.9% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Memphis shoots higher than 45.9% from the field, it is 12-3 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Houston’s record is 10-6 against the spread and 10-6 overall when its opponents make more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets’ 44.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Grizzlies have allowed to their opponents.
- Houston is 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it shoots better than 47.8% from the field.
- When Memphis’ opponents shoot above 44.3% from the field, it is 7-2-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- The Grizzlies’ 35.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Rockets have shot from beyond the arc (36.8%).
- Memphis is 9-3 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it shoots better than 36.8% from distance.
- Houston is 7-6-1 against the spread and 8-6 overall when its opponents shoot better than 35.7% from deep.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.9%) is 5.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Grizzlies are averaging (39.1%).
- Houston is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when shooting over 39.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Memphis is 6-1-1 ATS and 6-2 overall in games it shoots above 33.9% from deep.
- The Grizzlies’ 10.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 fewer made shots on average than the 13.8 per game the Rockets give up.
- Houston has gone 9-7-1 against the spread and 9-8 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Memphis makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-11 ATS and 8-11 straight up.
- The Rockets rank ninth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Grizzlies allow the 25th-fewest made threes in the league.
Grizzlies vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from