The Charlotte 49ers (9-11) are expected to continue a four-game losing streak when they visit the UTEP Miners (10-10) as 5-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at Don Haskins Center. The contest airs on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 126 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 27, 2021, 2:21 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is more than two possessions lower (7.0 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Prediction: UTEP 69, Charlotte 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Miners have an average implied point total of 72.5 this season, which is 6.5 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (66).
- UTEP has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (66) 13 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the 49ers (67.2) is 6.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (61).
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 61 points 14 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UTEP and Charlotte Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Miners have a 42.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.2% lower than the 44.1% of shots the 49ers’ opponents have hit.
- UTEP is 6-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 44.1% from the field.
- Charlotte has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 42.9% of their shots from the field.
- The 49ers are shooting 44.7% from the field, 0.5% higher than the 44.2% the Miners’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Charlotte has a 5-5 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.2% from the field.
- When UTEP’s opponents shoot greater than 44.7% from the field, it is 6-2 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- The Miners are knocking down 33.6% of their three-point shots this season, 2% higher than the 31.6% the 49ers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- UTEP is 7-5 overall and 7-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.6% from distance.
- Charlotte has put up a 6-3 against the spread while going 6-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.6% from downtown.
- The 49ers shoot 33% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 2.4 percentage points lower than the Miners have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.4%).
- Charlotte is 3-3 ATS and 5-1 overall when hitting more than 35.4% of its three-point attempts.
- UTEP has a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33% from three-point distance.
- The Miners knock down 7.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 more makes per game than the 49ers give up (5.8).
- UTEP is 8-3 against the spread and 6-5 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Charlotte is 3-7 ATS and 5-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from