The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (12-8) are 4.5-point favorites as they attempt to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Syracuse Orange (13-7) on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at McCamish Pavilion. The game airs at 12:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under set at 145 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 27, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Yellow Jackets (-4.5)
The model projects the Yellow Jackets to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (5.5 to 4.5).
The model’s predicted total (145.9 points) and the DraftKings set total (145 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: Georgia Tech 76, Syracuse 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Yellow Jackets this season is 72.8 points, 2.2 fewer points than their implied total of 75 points in Saturday’s game.
- Georgia Tech has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (75) eight times this season.
- The 76.6-point average implied total on the season for the Orange is 6.6 more points than the team’s 70-point implied total in this matchup.
- Syracuse has totaled more than 70 points 15 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Georgia Tech and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Yellow Jackets are shooting 47.1% from the field this season, 5.5 percentage points higher than the 41.6% the Orange allow to opponents.
- Georgia Tech has a 12-5 straight-up record and an 11-6 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 41.6% from the field.
- Syracuse has gone 5-8 against the spread and 12-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 47.1% from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 44% from the field, -1.6% higher than the 45.6% the Yellow Jackets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Syracuse has compiled an 8-1 straight up record and a 5-3 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 45.6% from the field.
- This season, Georgia Tech has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 7-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 44% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets are making 35.9% of their three-point shots this season, 4.4% higher than the 31.5% the Orange allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Georgia Tech has assembled a 9-5 record against the spread and an 11-3 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 31.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Syracuse is 10-3 overall and 3-8 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 35.9% from deep.
- The Orange are hitting 33.1% of their shots from deep, which is just 4.2 percentage points fewer than the 37.3% the Yellow Jackets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Syracuse is 4-3 ATS and 8-0 overall when hitting more than 37.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Georgia Tech has a 3-2 ATS record and a 4-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.1% from downtown.
- Georgia Tech has gone 7-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Syracuse hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-8 ATS and 8-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from