The UCF Knights (8-11) host the Temple Owls (5-10) as 5.5-point favorites after Isaiah Adams scored 26 points in the Knights 84-81 victory over Tulane. The game airs on ESPNU at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021. The point total is 136 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 27, 2021, 2:20 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Knights favored by 5.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (6.3 points).
The model’s predicted total (135.7 points) and the DraftKings set total (136 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Prediction: UCF 71, Temple 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Knights this season is 70.7 points, 0.3 fewer points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, UCF has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) six times.
- The Owls’ average implied point total on the season (70.8 points) is 5.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- Temple is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (65) for the 10th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UCF and Temple Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Knights have a 43% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2% higher than the 41% of shots the Owls’ opponents have made.
- UCF is 8-3 against the spread and 6-5 overall in games when it collectively shoots higher than 41% from the field.
- Temple is 5-5 overall and 6-3 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 43% from the field.
- The Owls have shot at a 40.2% clip from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points less than the 43.5% shooting opponents of the Knights have averaged.
- Temple has compiled a 2-2 straight up record and a 2-2 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 43.5% from the field.
- UCF is 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 40.2% from the field.
- The Knights’ 36.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Owls have shot from deep (34.7%).
- UCF has assembled an 8-5 record against the spread and a 7-6 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 34.7% of its three-point shots.
- Temple is 4-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 36.9% from deep.
- The Owls shoot 33.6% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 0.8 percentage points higher than the Knights have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.8%).
- Temple is 5-4 ATS and 4-5 overall when hitting more than 32.8% of its three-point attempts.
- UCF has a 6-5 ATS record and a 5-6 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 33.6% from three-point range.
- When UCF makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall. When Temple is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 0-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from