The Houston Rockets (11-18) are only 3-point favorites as they look to end a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Cleveland Cavaliers (11-21) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS-OH. The over/under in the matchup is set at 217.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 24, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 24
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
Victor Oladipo: Day To Day (Foot),
P.J. Tucker: Day To Day (Quad)
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Finger),
Taurean Prince: Out (Ankle),
Andre Drummond: Out (Not with team),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Appendicitis)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+3)|
|Total Pick||Over (217)|
|Prediction||Rockets 111, Cavaliers 108|
The model favors the Rockets by 2.2 points, just 0.8 fewer than the 3-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (218.9 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (217 points).
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 1.0 lower than his season average of 33.5.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 32.5, 2.4 higher than his season average of 30.1.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Wood’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.4 points higher than his season average of 23.1.
- Andre Drummond’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 34.5, 0.9 greater than his season average of 33.6.
- Cedi Osman’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Larry Nance Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals lower than his season average of 1.9.
- This season, the Rockets have a 44.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.9% lower than the 48.4% of shots the Cavaliers’ opponents have hit.
- In games Houston shoots higher than 48.4% from the field, it is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- Cleveland is 4-4 against the spread and 5-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.5% from the field.
- The Cavaliers have shot at a 45.1% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points fewer than the 45.8% shooting opponents of the Rockets have averaged.
- This season, Cleveland has an 8-5 record against the spread and a 7-6 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 45.8% from the field.
- Houston is 8-5 against the spread and 9-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45.1% from the field.
- The Rockets shoot 34% from deep, 6.6% lower than the 40.6% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Houston is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it shoots better than 40.6% from distance.
- Cleveland is 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 34% from deep.
- The Cavaliers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.1%) is 2.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Rockets are averaging (36.5%).
- Cleveland has an 8-4 ATS record and is 7-5 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston has a 6-4-1 ATS record and a 7-4 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 34.1% of its three-point shots.
- The Rockets connect on 13.8 three-pointers per game this season, 4.6 more made shots on average than the 9.2 per game the Cavaliers allow.
- When Houston makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 9-7-1 against the spread and 9-8 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-19 ATS and 6-19 straight up.
- The Cavaliers rank last in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Rockets allow the ninth-fewest made threes in the league.
Rockets vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Rockets Rank||Rockets AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from