The Boston Celtics (15-14) visit the Dallas Mavericks (14-15) as 1.5-point favorites after Jayson Tatum put up 32 points in the Celtics’ 120-115 loss to the Pelicans. The matchup airs on TNT at 7:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 224.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 23, 2021, 12:06 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 23
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist)
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Back)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (224)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 112, Celtics 111|
While DraftKings has the Celtics winning by 1.5, the model has the Mavericks taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (2.2 points). Lean toward taking the Mavericks.
The DraftKings total for this game, 224 points, and the model’s projected total, 223.6 points, are only 0.4 points apart.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Tatum’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 1.3 lower than his season average of 37.8.
- Tristan Thompson’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 18.5, 1.9 higher than his season average of 16.6.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Marcus Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||28||17.1||3.2||1.5||0.6||0.1||3.2|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 8.5 boards, 0.1 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.6.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Celtics are shooting 46.2% from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points lower than the 46.9% the Mavericks allow to opponents.
- In games Boston shoots better than 46.9% from the field, it is 12-4 against the spread and 12-4 overall.
- Dallas is 10-6 against the spread and 11-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.2% from the field.
- The Mavericks have shot at a 46.5% rate from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points below the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Celtics have averaged.
- Dallas has put together a 7-6 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight up record in games it shoots above 46.9% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 9-5 record against the spread and an 8-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 46.5% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 37.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mavericks have shot from deep (37.1%).
- Boston has a 12-5 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 37.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas is 8-6 against the spread while putting up a 9-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.5% from downtown.
- The Mavericks shoot 35.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s -0.2 percentage points lower than the Celtics have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34.9%).
- Dallas is 7-5 against the spread and 9-3 overall when shooting over 34.9% as a team from three-point range.
- Boston has an 8-9 ATS record and a 7-10 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.1% from three-point distance.
- The Celtics’ 12.5 made three-pointers per game this season are just 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 13.1 per game the Mavericks allow.
- Dallas has gone 9-2 against the spread and 10-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Boston hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 5-7 ATS and 5-7 straight up.
- The Mavericks make the 13th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Celtics allow the third-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Celtics vs Mavericks Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Mavericks AVG||Mavericks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from