The Michigan State Spartans (11-9) and the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (16-5) hit the court in a matchup with no set line at Breslin Center on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup’s over/under is 144.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 23, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects a total 2.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Illinois 77, Michigan State 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Michigan State and Illinois Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against + Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Spartans make 42.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.8 percentage points higher than the Fighting Illini have allowed to their opponents (40.7%).
- Michigan State is 10-2 overall and 3-7 against the spread when it shoots better than 40.7% from the field.
- Illinois is 13-1 overall and 10-3-1 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 42.5% from the field.
- The Fighting Illini have shot at a 50.7% clip from the field this season, eight percentage points above the 42.7% shooting opponents of the Spartans have averaged.
- Illinois has compiled an 11-6-1 record against the spread and a 15-4 straight up record in games it shoots above 42.7% from the field.
- When Michigan State’s opponents hit better than 50.7% from the field, it is 4-11 against the spread and 11-7 overall.
- The Spartans are hitting 33.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.1% lower than the 33.4% the Fighting Illini allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Michigan State has a 2-5 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when the team makes more than 33.4% of its shots from three-point range.
- Illinois has put up a 7-2 against the spread while going 8-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 33.3% from downtown.
- The Fighting Illini shoot 39.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 7.8 percentage points higher than the Spartans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.6%).
- Illinois’ record is 9-6-1 ATS and 13-4 overall when the team makes more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Michigan State has a 4-8 ATS record and a 9-6 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 39.4% from three-point distance.
- The Fighting Illini are 6-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Spartans are 1-6 ATS and 4-4 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from