The Dallas Mavericks (13-15) host the Memphis Grizzlies (13-13) as 5-point favorites after Luka Doncic racked up 44 points in the Mavericks’ 121-118 loss to the Trail Blazers. The matchup airs on FS-SE at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, February 22, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 229.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 22, 2021, 7:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 22
Brandon Clarke: Day To Day (Calf),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Killian Tillie: Out (Foot),
Dillon Brooks: Day To Day (Thigh)
|Spread Pick||Grizzlies (+5)|
|Total Pick||Under (229.5)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 115, Grizzlies 111|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (3.8 points) is a little tighter than the 5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Mavericks, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model predicts a total 4.0 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||27||16.7||3.2||1.6||0.7||0.1||3.1|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s points prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 1.6 points less than his season average of 29.1.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Ja Morant’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 0.4 points less than his season average of 18.9.
- Jonas Valanciunas’ rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 13.5 rebounds, 2.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 11.0.
- Grayson Allen’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- Tyus Jones’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 46.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.3% lower than the 47.9% of shots the Grizzlies’ opponents have made.
- Dallas has a 6-6 record against the spread and an 8-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.9% from the field.
- Memphis has a 9-3-1 record against the spread and a 9-4 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 46.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Grizzlies have shot at a 46.5% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points less than the 47.2% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- Memphis is 9-3 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Dallas is 9-6 against the spread and 10-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 46.5% from the field.
- The Mavericks are knocking down 35% of their three-point shots this season, 4.3% lower than the 39.3% the Grizzlies allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas is 4-4 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots better than 39.3% from distance.
- Memphis is 6-2-1 against the spread while putting together a 6-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35% from three-point range.
- The Grizzlies are making 35.9% of their shots from deep, which is 1.7 percentage points fewer than the 37.6% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Memphis has an 8-2 ATS record and is 7-3 straight-up when the team hits more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas is 6-3 ATS and 7-2 overall in games it shoots over 35.9% from deep.
- The Mavericks’ 13 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.9 more made shots on average than the 11.1 per game the Grizzlies allow.
- Dallas has gone 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Memphis makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 7-9 ATS and 7-9 straight up.
- The Mavericks rank 13th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Grizzlies give up the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Grizzlies Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Grizzlies AVG||Grizzlies Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from