Two streaking teams meet when the Duke Blue Devils (10-8) host the Syracuse Orange (13-6) on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Blue Devils are 5.5-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Orange, who have won three straight. The point total for the matchup is 149.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 22, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.5 points of each other.
In this game, the model projects a total (146.8 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (149.5 points).
Prediction: Duke 76, Syracuse 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blue Devils have an average implied point total of 75.9 this season, which is 2.1 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (78).
- Duke has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (78) seven times.
- The Orange’s average implied point total on the season (76.6 points) is 4.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (72 points).
- Syracuse has scored more than 72 points in 14 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Duke and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Blue Devils are shooting 47% from the field this season, six percentage points higher than the 41% the Orange allow to opponents.
- Duke is 6-7 against the spread and 10-4 overall when it shoots better than 41% from the field.
- Syracuse’s record is 5-8 against the spread and 12-3 overall when its opponents make more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Orange have shot at a 44.2% rate from the field this season, -2.4 percentage points greater than the 46.6% shooting opponents of the Blue Devils have averaged.
- This season, Syracuse has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- Duke is 3-2 against the spread and 5-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 44.2% from the field.
- The Blue Devils shoot 35.9% from three-point range, 5.1% higher than the 30.8% the Orange allow to opponents.
- Duke has a 6-6 record against the spread and a 10-3 record overall when the team makes more than 30.8% of its three-point shots.
- Syracuse has gone 10-3 overall and has a 3-8 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.9% from downtown.
- The Orange shoot 33% from three-point distance this season. That’s -4.5 percentage points higher than the Blue Devils have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.5%).
- Syracuse has a 4-3 ATS record and is 8-0 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 37.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Duke has a 4-3 ATS record and a 6-1 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 33% from three-point distance.
- Duke has gone 4-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Syracuse hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 8-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from