The Los Angeles Lakers (22-9) will look to LeBron James (seventh in the league scoring 25.6 points per game) when they attempt to hold off Bradley Beal (fifth in the NBA with 32.9 PPG) and the Washington Wizards (10-17 on Monday, February 22, 2021 at Staples Center. The Lakers are 6.5-point home favorites in the matchup, which starts at 10:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under is set at 226 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of February 22, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Wizards Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 22
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Dennis Schroder: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Ish Smith: Out (Quad),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-6.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (226)|
|Prediction||Lakers 119, Wizards 107|
The FanDuel line for this game has the Lakers favored by 6.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (12.2 points). Put your money on the Lakers.
The model’s predicted total (225.3 points) and the FanDuel set total (226 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ assists prop over/under for the game is set at 8.5 assists, 0.6 greater than his season average of 7.9.
- Anthony Davis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 3.6 greater than his season average of 33.9.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Davis’ steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Russell Westbrook’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 7.5 boards, 2.0 rebounds less than his season average of 9.5.
- Beal’s points prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 2.4 points less than his season average of 32.9.
- Davis Bertans’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots greater than his season average of 2.9.
- Alex Len’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.4% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points higher than the 47.2% the Wizards allow to opponents.
- In games Los Angeles shoots better than 47.2% from the field, it is 10-8 against the spread and 14-4 overall.
- Washington has an 8-7 record against the spread and a 7-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 48.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Wizards have shot at a 45.5% clip from the field this season, 0.5 percentage points greater than the 45% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- Washington is 8-6 against the spread and 6-8 overall when it shoots higher than 45% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot higher than 45.5% from the field, it is 8-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- The Lakers shoot 35.5% from beyond the arc, 2.6% lower than the 38.1% the Wizards allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 7-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall when it shoots better than 38.1% from distance.
- Washington is 7-4 against the spread while putting up a 6-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35.5% from three-point range.
- The Wizards are making 33.9% of their shots from deep, which is 1.1 percentage points fewer than the 35% the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Washington is 9-4 against the spread and 6-7 overall when shooting above 35% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles has a 9-5 ATS record and a 12-2 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 33.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Lakers knock down 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 11.4 per game the Wizards allow.
- Washington is 5-2 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it hit more threes than its opponents, while Los Angeles is 5-11 ATS and 8-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Lakers are the 26th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Wizards give up the 21st-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Wizards Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Wizards AVG||Wizards Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from