The Cincinnati Bearcats (7-7) will look to extend a four-game winning streak when they visit the No. 6 Houston Cougars (17-3) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Fertitta Center as heavy, 12.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under set at 136 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 21, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Cougars to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (14.4) is 1.9 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings total for this game, 136 points, and the model’s projected total, 135.6 points, are only 0.4 points apart.
Prediction: Houston 75, Cincinnati 61
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cougars this season is 73 points, one fewer point than their implied total of 74 points in Sunday’s game.
- Houston has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (74) 10 times this season.
- The Bearcats’ average implied point total on the season (71.4 points) is 9.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (62 points).
- Cincinnati will try to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (62) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston and Cincinnati Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 12.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 42.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.7 percentage points lower than the Bearcats have allowed to their opponents (43.6%).
- Houston has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 7-0 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 43.6% from the field.
- Cincinnati’s record is 2-4 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it allows its opponents to hit more than 42.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Bearcats are shooting 42.9% from the field, 6.3% higher than the 36.6% the Cougars’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cincinnati has compiled a 3-9 record against the spread and a 7-6 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 36.6% from the field.
- Houston is 12-5 against the spread and 16-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 42.9% from the field.
- The Cougars are knocking down 34.8% of their three-point shots this season, 3.2% higher than the 31.6% the Bearcats allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Houston has an 11-2 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when the team hits more than 31.6% of its shots from three-point range.
- Cincinnati is 5-4 overall and 2-6 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 34.8% from deep.
- The Bearcats shoot 28.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -2 percentage points lower than the Cougars have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (26.7%).
- Cincinnati’s record is 3-7 ATS and 5-5 overall when the team makes more than 26.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston has an 8-2 ATS record and an 11-0 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 28.7% of its three-point attempts.
- The Cougars knock down 8.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.6 more makes per game than the Bearcats give up (6.3).
- The Cougars are 12-2 against the spread and 15-0 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Bearcats are 1-4 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from