A pair of struggling teams square off when the Temple Owls (4-9) host the South Florida Bulls (7-8) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The Owls are 1-point favorites as they look to break a five-game losing streak against the Bulls, losers of three straight. The point total is set at 132.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 21, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.5 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
The model predicts a total 1.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Temple 68, South Florida 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Owls’ average implied point total this season is 4.2 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (71.2 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- Temple is aiming to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the sixth time this season.
- The Bulls’ average implied point total on the season (68.4 points) is 3.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (65 points).
- South Florida has put up more than 65 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Temple and South Florida Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Owls make 39.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.8 percentage points lower than the Bulls have allowed to their opponents (44.4%).
- Temple has a 1-1 straight-up record and a 1-1 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 44.4% from the field.
- South Florida is 1-2 against the spread and 4-0 overall when its opponents shoot better than 39.6% from the field.
- The Bulls are shooting 41.8% from the field, 0.1% lower than the 41.9% the Owls’ opponents have shot this season.
- South Florida is 3-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots better than 41.9% from the field.
- Temple is 4-1 against the spread and 4-2 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 41.8% from the field.
- The Owls are making 31.5% of their three-point shots this season, 1% higher than the 30.5% the Bulls allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Temple is 4-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall when it shoots better than 30.5% from distance.
- South Florida has a 2-5 record against the spread while going 4-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 31.5% from deep.
- The Bulls are hitting 33.3% of their shots from three-point distance, which is -1 percentage points higher than the 34.3% the Owls’ are averaging on the season.
- South Florida is 4-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots above 34.3% as a team from deep.
- Temple has a 3-3 ATS record and a 3-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.3% from three-point range.
- Temple is 3-1-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while South Florida is 0-6 ATS and 2-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from