The Butler Bulldogs (7-12) visit the Xavier Musketeers (11-4) after losing three straight road games. The Musketeers are favored by 8.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 21, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 133.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 21, 2021, 2:20 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Musketeers to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (10.1) is 1.6 points further in their direction.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 6.6 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Xavier 75, Butler 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Musketeers have an average implied point total of 75.6 this season, which is 4.6 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (71).
- Xavier has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (71) 10 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bulldogs (68.7) is 5.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (63).
- This season, Butler has scored more than this game’s implied total of 63 points 11 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Xavier and Butler Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Musketeers are shooting 46.8% from the field this season, the same as the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Xavier is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread when it shoots better than 46.8% from the field.
- Butler is 6-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 46.8% from the field.
- The Bulldogs are shooting 41% from the field, -0.2% lower than the 40.8% the Musketeers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Butler has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 4-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 40.8% from the field.
- This season, Xavier has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 7-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 41% from the field.
- The Musketeers’ 35.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Bulldogs have shot from beyond the arc (36.9%).
- Xavier is 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it shoots better than 36.9% from distance.
- Butler has put up a 4-2 against the spread while going 4-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.5% from deep.
- The Bulldogs are knocking down 33.7% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is -0.3 percentage points fewer than the 33.4% the Musketeers’ are averaging on the season.
- Butler is 3-3-1 ATS and 2-6 overall when the team hits more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Xavier has a 7-2 straight-up record and a 7-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.7% from three-point distance.
- The Musketeers hit 8.5 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 more made shots on average than the 7.3 per game the Bulldogs allow.
- Xavier is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Butler is 1-7 ATS and 2-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from