The Boston Celtics (15-13) are just 2.5-point favorites as they look to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (12-17) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Smoothie King Center. The game airs at 3:30 PM ET on ABC. The over/under is set at 233 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 21, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 21
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist)
Steven Adams: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (+2.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (233)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 113, Celtics 112|
The model line is much more favorable to the Pelicans compared to the DraftKings line, a 3.5 point difference, and has them favored to win Sunday’s game outright. Put your money on the Pelicans.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is more than two possessions higher (8.3 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the under.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 0.3 points less than his season average of 25.8.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 1.4 less than his season average of 21.9.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 32.5, 2.3 less than his season average of 34.8.
- Lonzo Ball’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, equal to his season average of 23.5.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Brandon Ingram’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
- This season, the Celtics have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.8% lower than the 47.3% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have made.
- In games Boston shoots better than 47.3% from the field, it is 12-2 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- New Orleans’ record is 9-5 against the spread and 10-4 overall when its opponents make more than 46.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans have shot at a 48.2% rate from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points above the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Celtics have averaged.
- New Orleans has put together an 11-9 record against the spread and a 10-10 straight up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- This season, Boston has an 11-7 record against the spread and an 11-7 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 48.2% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 38% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans have shot from deep (39.8%).
- Boston has assembled a 10-3 record against the spread and an 11-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 39.8% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans is 9-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 38% from deep.
- The Pelicans’ three-point shooting percentage this season (36.7%) is -1.7 percentage points lower than opponents of the Celtics are averaging (35%).
- New Orleans has a 12-5 ATS record and is 11-6 straight-up when the team makes more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston is 10-8 ATS and 9-9 overall in games it shoots over 36.7% from deep.
- The Celtics’ 12.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 more made shots on average than the 11.5 per game the Pelicans allow.
- When Boston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 10-6 against the spread and 10-6 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 6-16 ATS and 6-17 straight up.
- The Pelicans are the 22nd-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Celtics give up the third-fewest makes from deep.
Celtics vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from