The Orlando Magic (12-18) host the Detroit Pistons (8-21) as 2-point favorites after Nikola Vucevic racked up 30 points in the Magic’s 124-120 victory over the Warriors. The game airs on FS-FL at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 21, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is 210.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of February 20, 2021, 9:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 21
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Aaron Gordon: Out (Ankle),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Delon Wright: Day To Day (Right Adductor),
Blake Griffin: Out (Not with Team),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+2)|
|Total Pick||Over (210.5)|
|Prediction||Magic 110, Pistons 109|
The model and William Hill both have the Magic taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (1.3 points). Lean towards taking the Pistons.
The model projects a total (218.8 points) much higher than the one set by William Hill for this matchup (210.5 points). Take the over.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Vucevic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 2.1 points less than his season average of 23.6.
- Markelle Fultz’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Mohamed Bamba’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s points prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 1.0 point lower than his season average of 23.5.
- Mason Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 2.3 lower than his season average of 22.8.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Grant’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- The Magic make 43.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 5.2 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (48.4%).
- Orlando has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 48.4% from the field.
- Detroit is 2-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.2% from the field.
- The Pistons have shot at a 43.7% clip from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points fewer than the 47% shooting opponents of the Magic have averaged.
- Detroit is 6-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it shoots better than 47% from the field.
- This season, Orlando has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 4-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 43.7% from the field.
- The Magic are making 35.3% of their three-point shots this season, 2.8% lower than the 38.1% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Orlando has a 9-2 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall when the team hits more than 38.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Detroit has put up a 5-4-1 against the spread while going 4-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.3% from deep.
- The Pistons shoot 35.2% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.9 percentage points lower than the Magic have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.1%).
- Detroit is 10-3 against the spread and 5-9 overall when shooting above 37.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Orlando has an 8-5 ATS record and an 8-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.2% from three-point distance.
- The Magic hit 11.6 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer makes per game than the Pistons give up (12.7).
- When Detroit makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 10-4-1 against the spread and 6-10 overall. When Orlando is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 5-13 ATS and 4-14 straight up.
- The Pistons rank 16th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Magic give up the 19th-fewest made threes in the league.
Magic vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Magic Rank||Magic AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from