The Minnesota Timberwolves (7-23) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the New York Knicks (14-16) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Madison Square Garden as just 2.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on MSG. The over/under for the matchup is 215.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of February 21, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Knicks vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 21
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Hand)
Jarrett Culver: Out (Left Ankle),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (-2.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (215)|
|Prediction||Knicks 112, Timberwolves 103|
Our computers expect the same result as FanDuel, but have the Knicks winning by a considerably greater margin (9.6 points). Take the Knicks.
The model’s predicted total (215.1 points) and the FanDuel set total (215 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 10.5 rebounds, 0.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.9.
- Alec Burks’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 2.0.
- Nerlens Noel’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 1.9.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- Karl-Anthony Towns’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 9.5 boards, 1.3 rebounds less than his season average of 10.8.
- Ricky Rubio’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 3.5 greater than his season average of 17.0.
- Malik Beasley’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 3.4.
- Towns’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
- The Knicks are shooting 45% from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points lower than the 47.3% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- New York is 10-3 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it shoots higher than 47.3% from the field.
- Minnesota’s record is 7-2 against the spread and 3-6 overall when its opponents make more than 45% of their shots from the field.
- The Timberwolves’ 43.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is -0.8 percentage points lower than the Knicks have allowed to their opponents (43.1%).
- Minnesota has put together a 10-4-1 record against the spread and a 5-10 straight up record in games it shoots better than 43.1% from the field.
- This season, New York has a 12-4 record against the spread and an 11-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.9% from the field.
- The Knicks are making 35.7% of their three-point shots this season, 1.8% lower than the 37.5% the Timberwolves allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- New York has collected a 10-2-1 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 37.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Minnesota is 11-2 against the spread while putting up a 6-7 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35.7% from downtown.
- The Timberwolves’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.3%) is -3.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Knicks are averaging (32%).
- Minnesota has a 12-10-1 ATS record and is 6-17 straight-up when the team hits more than 32% of its three-point attempts.
- New York has a 12-7 ATS record and a 12-7 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.3% from three-point distance.
- The Knicks make 9.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.7 fewer made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Timberwolves allow.
- When Minnesota makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 14-6 against the spread and 7-13 overall. When New York is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 8-11 ATS and 6-13 straight up.
- The Knicks are the 29th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Timberwolves allow the fifth-fewest makes from deep.
Knicks vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Knicks Rank||Knicks AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from