The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10-8) are slightly favored (by 3 points) to stop a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-12) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 137 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Yellow Jackets (-3)
The model projects the Yellow Jackets to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by a small margin more (3.8 to 3).
The model projects a total 4.0 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Georgia Tech 72, Miami (FL) 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Yellow Jackets have an average implied point total of 73.2 this season, which is 3.2 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (70).
- Georgia Tech has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) 13 times.
- The Hurricanes’ average implied point total on the season (72.4 points) is 5.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- Miami (FL) has totaled more than 67 points seven times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Georgia Tech and Miami (FL) Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Yellow Jackets have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% higher than the 43.5% of shots the Hurricanes’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Georgia Tech shoots higher than 43.5% from the field, it is 10-3 overall and 9-4 against the spread.
- Miami (FL) has put together a 6-5 record against the spread and a 7-5 record overall when its opponents knock down more than 46.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Hurricanes are shooting 42.5% from the field, 3.6% lower than the 46.1% the Yellow Jackets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Miami (FL) is 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread when it shoots higher than 46.1% from the field.
- Georgia Tech is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games its opponents shoot higher than 42.5% from the field.
- The Yellow Jackets are knocking down 35.2% of their three-point shots this season, 1.1% lower than the 36.3% the Hurricanes allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Georgia Tech has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.3% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Miami (FL) has put up a 5-3 straight-up record and gone 5-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 35.2% from three-point distance.
- The Hurricanes shoot 29% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 8.7 percentage points lower than the Yellow Jackets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.7%).
- Miami (FL) is 5-2 ATS and 3-4 overall when the team hits more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Georgia Tech is 2-0 ATS and 2-0 overall in games it shoots over 29% from deep.
- The Yellow Jackets hit 7.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.3 more makes per game than the Hurricanes give up (5.6).
- Georgia Tech is 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Miami (FL) is 5-9 ATS and 5-10 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from