The Michigan State Spartans (10-9) are underdogs (by 6.5 points) to end a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Indiana Hoosiers (12-9) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 134.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Hoosiers to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (8.5) is 2.0 points further in their direction.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (142.1 points) significantly higher than the DraftKings over/under (134.5 points). Bet on the over.
Prediction: Indiana 75, Michigan State 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Hoosiers this season is 73.2 points, 2.2 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- Indiana has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (71) 11 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Spartans (77.4) is 13.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (64).
- Michigan State is aiming to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (64) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Indiana and Michigan State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hoosiers are shooting 45% from the field this season, 2.4 percentage points higher than the 42.6% the Spartans allow to opponents.
- Indiana has an 8-3-1 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 42.6% from the field.
- Michigan State is 2-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall when its opponents shoot better than 45% from the field.
- The Spartans have shot at a 42.2% rate from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points greater than the 41.9% shooting opponents of the Hoosiers have averaged.
- This season, Michigan State has compiled a 2-6 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall in games the team shoots better than 41.9% collectively from the field.
- This season, Indiana has a 9-2-1 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when its opponents shoot higher than 42.2% from the field.
- The Hoosiers are hitting 35.4% of their three-point shots this season, 3.3% higher than the 32.1% the Spartans allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Indiana has put together a 7-5-2 record against the spread and a 9-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 32.1% of its three-point shots.
- Michigan State has put up a 2-7 against the spread while going 6-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.4% from downtown.
- The Spartans are knocking down 32.9% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is only 0.5 percentage points fewer than the 33.4% the Hoosiers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Michigan State has a 1-5 ATS record and has gone 4-3 straight-up when hitting more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Indiana has a 7-1 ATS record and a 7-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.9% from downtown.
- Michigan State is 1-4 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Indiana is 3-5-2 ATS and 5-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from