The No. 10 Villanova Wildcats (13-3) host the UConn Huskies (10-5) after winning six home games in a row. The Wildcats are favored by 6.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The point total for the matchup is 137.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Wildcats favored by 6.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (7.3 points).
In this game, the model projects a total (141.8 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (137.5 points).
Prediction: Villanova 75, UConn 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wildcats this season is 77.2 points, 5.2 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Saturday’s game.
- Villanova will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (72) for the 12th time this season.
- The Huskies’ average implied point total on the season (72.7 points) is 6.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (66 points).
- UConn has scored more than this game’s implied total of 66 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Villanova and UConn Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats make 46% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.3 percentage points higher than the Huskies have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Villanova is 7-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall in games when it shoots better than 41.7% from the field.
- UConn has gone 7-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 46% from the field.
- The Huskies have shot at a 43.3% clip from the field this season, 3.1 percentage points fewer than the 46.4% shooting opponents of the Wildcats have averaged.
- UConn has put together a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-1 straight up record in games it shoots over 46.4% from the field.
- Villanova is 4-1 against the spread and 5-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 43.3% from the field.
- The Wildcats shoot 38.3% from three-point range, 5.5% higher than the 32.8% the Huskies allow to opponents.
- Villanova has put together a 6-4 record against the spread and an 11-1 straight-up record in games this season when hitting more than 32.8% of its three-point shots.
- UConn has put up a 9-2 against the spread while going 9-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.3% from downtown.
- The Huskies are making 35.2% of their shots from deep, which is -2.7 percentage points higher than the 37.9% the Wildcats’ are averaging on the season.
- UConn has a 7-0 ATS record and is 7-0 straight-up when the team makes more than 37.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Villanova has a 4-3 ATS record and a 7-0 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 35.2% from three-point range.
- The Wildcats’ 10.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.1 more made shots on average than the 7.1 per game the Huskies allow.
- Villanova is 6-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while UConn is 0-1 ATS and 0-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from