The No. 8 Alabama Crimson Tide (17-5) are heavy favorites (-14.5) as they look to continue an eight-game home win streak when they square off against the Vanderbilt Commodores (6-11) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Coleman Coliseum. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on SECN. The point total is set at 153 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Crimson Tide (-14.5)
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Crimson Tide winning by a considerably greater margin (18.8 points). Take the Crimson Tide.
In this game, the model projects a total (148.9 points) a little lower than the DraftKings over/under (153 points).
Prediction: Alabama 84, Vanderbilt 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Crimson Tide’s average implied point total this season is four fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (80 implied points on average compared to 84 implied points in this game).
- Alabama has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (84) nine times this season.
- The 77.5-point average implied total on the season for the Commodores is 8.5 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Vanderbilt has scored more than 69 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Alabama and Vanderbilt Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 14.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Crimson Tide are shooting 43.8% from the field this season, 3.2 percentage points lower than the 47% the Commodores allow to opponents.
- In games when Alabama shoots higher than 47% from the field, it is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Vanderbilt’s record is 5-1-2 against the spread and 5-3 overall when its opponents make more than 43.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Commodores have shot at a 43.4% clip from the field this season, -3.1 percentage points below the 40.3% shooting opponents of the Crimson Tide have averaged.
- This season, Vanderbilt has a 9-2-1 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 40.3% from the field.
- Alabama is 13-1 overall and 11-2 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.4% from the field.
- The Crimson Tide’s 36.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Commodores have shot from beyond the arc (35.6%).
- Alabama is 7-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it shoots better than 35.6% from downtown.
- Vanderbilt is 3-3-2 against the spread while putting together a 5-3 straight-up record when its opponents make more than 36.5% of their shots from beyond the arc.
- The Commodores’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.7%) is just 6.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Crimson Tide are averaging (28.6%).
- Vanderbilt has an 8-3-1 ATS record and has gone 5-7 straight-up when making more than 28.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Alabama has a 12-3 straight-up record and an 8-5-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 34.7% from three-point distance.
- The Crimson Tide knock down 10.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 more makes per game than the Commodores allow (9.2).
- Alabama has gone 9-5-1 against the spread and 13-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Vanderbilt hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-2-2 ATS and 1-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from