The NC State Wolf Pack (9-9) visit the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-10) in a matchup of ACC teams at Lawrence Joel Coliseum, starting at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The Wolf Pack are 1.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 141 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Demon Deacons (+1.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the Wolf Pack taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.4 points). Lean towards taking the Demon Deacons.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (142.6 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (141 points).
Prediction: NC State 72, Wake Forest 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wolf Pack this season is 76.7 points, 5.7 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Saturday’s game.
- NC State has scored more than its implied point total in this matchup (71) 11 times this season.
- The Demon Deacons’ average implied point total on the season (75.3 points) is 5.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (70 points).
- This season, Wake Forest has scored more than this game’s implied total of 70 points six times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
NC State and Wake Forest Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wolf Pack are shooting 47.2% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points higher than the 45.8% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- NC State has a 9-1 straight-up record and a 6-4 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 45.8% from the field.
- Wake Forest is 5-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 47.2% from the field.
- The Demon Deacons’ 42.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.9 percentage points lower than the Wolf Pack have given up to their opponents (46.7%).
- This season, Wake Forest has a 2-1 record overall and a 2-1 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- NC State is 3-2 against the spread and 5-0 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 42.8% from the field.
- The Wolf Pack shoot 36.1% from beyond the arc, 0.4% higher than the 35.7% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- NC State has a 5-3-1 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when the team knocks down more than 35.7% of its three-point shots.
- Wake Forest has a 6-2 record against the spread while going 4-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.1% from downtown.
- The Demon Deacons shoot 35% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 1.1 percentage points lower than the Wolf Pack have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.1%).
- Wake Forest has a 6-1 ATS record and has gone 3-4 straight-up when hitting more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- NC State has a 4-2-1 ATS record and a 6-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from downtown.
- The Wolf Pack connect on 6.7 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 fewer makes per game than the Demon Deacons allow (8.9).
- The Demon Deacons are 8-1 against the spread and 4-5 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Wolf Pack are 3-7-1 ATS and 4-7 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from