The Pittsburgh Panthers (9-8) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 16 Florida State Seminoles (12-3) as 6.5-point underdogs at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Petersen Events Center. The matchup has a point total of 145.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.1 points of each other).
The DraftKings total for this game, 145.5 points, and the model’s projected total, 145.0 points, are only 0.5 points apart.
Prediction: Florida State 76, Pittsburgh 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Seminoles have an average implied point total of 72.6 this season, which is 3.4 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (76).
- Florida State will aim to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (76) for the ninth time this season.
- The Panthers’ average implied point total on the season (73.5 points) is 3.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (70 points).
- Pittsburgh has scored more than 70 points 10 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Florida State and Pittsburgh Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Seminoles are shooting 47.4% from the field this season, four percentage points higher than the 43.4% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Florida State is 8-2 against the spread and 10-1 overall in games when it shoots better than 43.4% from the field.
- Pittsburgh’s record is 8-4 overall and 8-4 against the spread when its opponents make more than 47.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Panthers have shot at a 43.7% rate from the field this season, three percentage points greater than the 40.7% shooting opponents of the Seminoles have averaged.
- Pittsburgh is 6-5 against the spread and 6-5 overall when shooting higher than 40.7% from the field.
- This season, Florida State has a 5-3 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when its opponents shoot above 43.7% from the field.
- The Seminoles shoot 39.7% from beyond the arc, 8% higher than the 31.7% the Panthers allow to opponents.
- Florida State has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when the team hits more than 31.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Pittsburgh is 8-6 against the spread and 9-5 overall when its opponents shoot better than 39.7% from deep.
- The Panthers are hitting 32.8% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 1.8 percentage points fewer than the 34.6% the Seminoles’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Pittsburgh is 6-3 straight-up and has a 6-3 ATS record when the team makes more than 34.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Florida State has a 3-4 ATS record and a 5-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.8% from downtown.
- The Seminoles hit 8.7 three-pointers per game this season, 2.1 more makes per game than the Panthers allow (6.6).
- When Florida State makes more threes than its opponents, it is 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall. When Pittsburgh is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-3 ATS and 3-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from