Cameron Thomas leads the LSU Tigers (13-6) into a matchup with the Auburn Tigers (11-11) after scoring 25 points in a 78-65 win over Tennessee. The LSU Tigers are 4.5-point favorites in the game on Saturday, February 20, 2021, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has an over/under of 163.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:18 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
LSU Tigers (-4.5)
The DraftKings line for this game has the LSU Tigers favored by 4.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (5.2 points).
The model projects a total (155.5 points) much lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup (163 points). Take the under.
Prediction: LSU 80, Auburn 75
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The LSU Tigers have an average implied point total of 80.4 this season, which is 3.6 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (84).
- This season, LSU has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (84) nine times.
- The Auburn Tigers’ average implied point total on the season (77.8 points) is 1.2 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (79 points).
- Auburn has scored more than this game’s implied total of 79 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
LSU and Auburn Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The LSU Tigers are shooting 47.2% from the field this season, 3.7 percentage points higher than the 43.5% the Auburn Tigers allow to opponents.
- LSU has an 8-6 record against the spread and a 13-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 43.5% from the field.
- Auburn is 9-7 overall and 9-5-2 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 47.2% from the field.
- The Auburn Tigers are shooting 44.6% from the field, 2.4% higher than the 42.2% the LSU Tigers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Auburn has compiled an 8-5 straight up record and a 6-4-2 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 42.2% from the field.
- This season, LSU has an 8-2 straight up record and a 7-3 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44.6% from the field.
- The LSU Tigers shoot 34.2% from deep, 2.3% higher than the 31.9% the Auburn Tigers allow to opponents.
- LSU is 8-7 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it shoots better than 31.9% from distance.
- Auburn is 7-8 overall and 5-6-2 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 34.2% from deep.
- The Auburn Tigers are making 33.4% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 3.1 percentage points greater than the 30.3% the LSU Tigers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Auburn is 4-5-1 ATS and 5-7 overall when hitting more than 30.3% of its three-point attempts.
- LSU has a 10-4 straight-up record and a 7-7 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.4% from three-point distance.
- The LSU Tigers knock down 7.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 9.3 per game the Auburn Tigers allow.
- Auburn has gone 5-6-1 against the spread and 7-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When LSU hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-8 ATS and 7-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from