The Washington State Cougars (13-10) host the Stanford Cardinal (14-8) as 5.5-point underdogs after Noah Williams put up 32 points in the Cougars 82-51 victory over Cal. The matchup airs on ESPN2 at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 134.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The Cardinal are favored by both DraftKings and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (5.5 to 0.1 points). Take the Cougars and the points.
In this game, the model projects a total (137.6 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (134 points).
Prediction: Stanford 70, Washington State 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Cardinal this season is 72.6 points, 2.6 more points than their implied total of 70 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, Stanford has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (70) 14 times.
- The 72.4-point average implied total on the season for the Cougars is 8.4 more points than the team’s 64-point implied total in this matchup.
- Washington State has scored more than 64 points in 13 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Stanford and Washington State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cardinal have a 47.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 7% higher than the 40.4% of shots the Cougars’ opponents have made.
- Stanford is 10-6 against the spread and 14-3 overall in games when it shoots higher than 40.4% from the field.
- Washington State’s record is 13-5 overall and 11-6-1 against the spread when its opponents make more than 47.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Cougars have shot at a 42% rate from the field this season, 1.3 percentage points above the 40.7% shooting opponents of the Cardinal have averaged.
- Washington State has compiled a 9-4 straight up record and a 9-4 record against the spread in games it shoots over 40.7% from the field.
- When Stanford’s opponents shoot higher than 42% from the field, it is 6-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Cardinal are hitting 31.1% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% lower than the 31.3% the Cougars allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Stanford has collected a 6-2 record against the spread and a 6-2 straight-up record in games this season when knocking down more than 31.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Washington State is 10-2 overall and 8-4 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 31.1% from deep.
- The Cougars shoot 34.7% from three-point distance this season. That’s 1.7 percentage points higher than the Cardinal have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (33%).
- Washington State is 9-7-1 against the spread and 10-7 overall when shooting above 33% as a team from three-point range.
- Stanford is 6-6-1 ATS and 8-6 overall in games it shoots above 34.7% from deep.
- The Cardinal’s 5 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.8 fewer made shots on average than the 7.8 per game the Cougars give up.
- Washington State has gone 8-5-1 against the spread and 8-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Stanford makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-7 ATS and 11-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from