The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-15) are expected to extend a 12-game losing streak when they host the Purdue Boilermakers (14-8) as 7-point underdogs at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. The game airs on BTN. The over/under is set at 136 for the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Boilermakers by 5.8 points, just 1.2 fewer than the 7-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (138.7 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (136 points).
Prediction: Purdue 72, Nebraska 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Boilermakers this season is 72.2 points, 0.2 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Saturday’s game.
- Purdue has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (72) 11 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Cornhuskers (78.4) is 13.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (65).
- Nebraska has put up more than 65 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Purdue and Nebraska Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Boilermakers have a 44.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3% higher than the 41.6% of shots the Cornhuskers’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when Purdue shoots higher than 41.6% from the field, it is 10-4 overall and 8-4 against the spread.
- Nebraska is 4-6 overall and 5-4 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 44.6% from the field.
- The Cornhuskers have shot at a 40.8% clip from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points fewer than the 42% shooting opponents of the Boilermakers have averaged.
- Nebraska has compiled a 5-2 record against the spread and a 3-5 straight up record in games it shoots over 42% from the field.
- This season, Purdue has an 8-0 straight up record and a 7-0 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot above 40.8% from the field.
- The Boilermakers’ 33.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cornhuskers have shot from deep (31.6%).
- Purdue is 8-2 overall and 4-4-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 31.6% from distance.
- Nebraska is 6-6 against the spread while putting up a 4-9 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 33.5% from three-point range.
- The Cornhuskers are hitting 32.3% of their shots from deep, which is just 0.3 percentage points fewer than the 32.6% the Boilermakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Nebraska is 5-5 against the spread and 2-9 overall when shooting above 32.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Purdue is 7-2 overall and 5-3 ATS in games it shoots over 32.3% from deep.
- The Cornhuskers are 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Boilermakers are 6-6 ATS and 9-6 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from