The Iowa State Cyclones (2-15) are expected to continue an 11-game losing streak when they host the No. 9 Oklahoma Sooners (13-5) as 11.5-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Hilton Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Sooners favored by 11.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (12.2 points).
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.7 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Oklahoma 78, Iowa State 66
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Sooners this season is 77.9 points, 0.9 more points than their implied total of 77 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, Oklahoma has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (77) 10 times.
- The 77.9-point average implied total on the season for the Cyclones is 11.9 more points than the team’s 66-point implied total in this matchup.
- Iowa State has totaled more than 66 points in seven games on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Oklahoma and Iowa State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Sooners have a 44.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% lower than the 46.2% of shots the Cyclones’ opponents have knocked down.
- Oklahoma is 4-4 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- Iowa State’s record is 1-6 overall and 3-4 against the spread when its opponents make more than 44.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Cyclones have shot at a 42.2% rate from the field this season, -0.9 percentage points less than the 41.3% shooting opponents of the Sooners have averaged.
- Iowa State has put together a 4-6 record against the spread and a 2-8 straight up record in games it shoots better than 41.3% from the field.
- This season, Oklahoma has a 7-3 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when its opponents shoot greater than 42.2% from the field.
- The Sooners are knocking down 33.4% of their three-point shots this season, 0.8% higher than the 32.6% the Cyclones allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Oklahoma has an 8-3 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall when the team hits more than 32.6% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Iowa State is 2-6 overall and 4-4 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 33.4% from deep.
- The Cyclones’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.6%) is only 3.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Sooners are averaging (36.4%).
- Iowa State has a 3-3 ATS record and is 1-5 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Oklahoma has a 6-2 straight-up record and a 7-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 32.6% from three-point range.
- Oklahoma is 8-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Iowa State is 1-6 ATS and 0-7 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from