A game after he put up 31 points in an 81-74 win over South Carolina, Devontae Shuler leads the Ole Miss Rebels (12-8) at home against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (11-11) as 6.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021, airs on SECN. The matchup has an over/under set at 126.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.5 points of each other).
In this game, the model projects a total (135.6 points) significantly higher than the DraftKings over/under (126.5 points). Bet on the over.
Prediction: Ole Miss 71, Mississippi State 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Rebels have an average implied point total of 73.6 this season, which is 6.6 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (67).
- This season, Ole Miss has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (67) 11 times.
- The Bulldogs’ average implied point total on the season (72.4 points) is 12.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (60 points).
- This season, Mississippi State has scored more than this game’s implied total of 60 points 16 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Ole Miss and Mississippi State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Rebels make 44.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.6 percentage points higher than the Bulldogs have allowed to their opponents (41.3%).
- Ole Miss is 10-3 overall and 10-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 41.3% from the field.
- Mississippi State has gone 9-6 against the spread and 11-5 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot better than 44.9% from the field.
- The Bulldogs have shot at a 44.9% clip from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points higher than the 42.3% shooting opponents of the Rebels have averaged.
- Mississippi State is 10-5 against the spread and 11-5 overall when shooting better than 42.3% from the field.
- When Ole Miss’ opponents shoot above 44.9% from the field, it is 9-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- The Rebels’ 28.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Bulldogs have shot from deep (33.5%).
- Ole Miss has assembled a 3-2 record against the spread and a 3-2 straight-up record in games this season when making more than 33.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Mississippi State has put up a 5-4 straight-up record and gone 6-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot above 28.7% from three-point range.
- The Bulldogs are hitting 35.4% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is just 1.8 percentage points fewer than the 37.2% the Rebels’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Mississippi State has a 7-4 ATS record and has gone 9-2 straight-up when making more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Ole Miss is 7-2 ATS and 8-1 overall in games when shooting over 35.4% from deep.
- Mississippi State has gone 4-4 against the spread and 5-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Ole Miss makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 7-5 ATS and 7-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from