The DePaul Blue Demons (3-10) will try to break a five-game losing streak when they visit the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (14-8) on Saturday, February 20, 2021 at Carnesecca Arena as heavy, 11-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has an over/under of 148 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 20, 2021, 2:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Blue Demons (+11)
The model and DraftKings both have the Red Storm taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (8.1 points). Lean towards taking the Blue Demons.
The model projects a total 2.2 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Saint John’s (NY) 77, DePaul 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Red Storm have an average implied point total of 77.9 this season, which is 2.1 points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (80).
- Saint John’s (NY) has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (80) 10 times.
- The 74.7-point average implied total on the season for the Blue Demons is 5.7 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- DePaul has scored more than 69 points in three games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Saint John’s (NY) and DePaul Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 11+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Red Storm make 46% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.3 percentage points higher than the Blue Demons have allowed to their opponents (41.7%).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 13-5 overall and 12-4 against the spread when it shoots higher than 41.7% from the field.
- DePaul has gone 5-3 against the spread and 3-6 overall in games it allows its opponents to shoot higher than 46% from the field.
- The Blue Demons’ 40.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 5.2 percentage points lower than the Red Storm have given up to their opponents (46.1%).
- This season, DePaul has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 46.1% from the field.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 40.9% from the field.
- The Red Storm shoot 35.8% from three-point range, 5.7% higher than the 30.1% the Blue Demons allow to opponents.
- Saint John’s (NY) has assembled a 12-4 straight-up record and a 12-3 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 30.1% of its three-point shots this season.
- DePaul has put together a 5-3 against the spread while going 3-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.8% from downtown.
- The Blue Demons are hitting 31.4% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 3.1 percentage points fewer than the 34.5% the Red Storm’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- DePaul is 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall when shooting over 34.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Saint John’s (NY) has an 8-2 ATS record and an 8-3 straight-up record this season in games it has shot better than 31.4% from three-point range.
- The Red Storm connect on 7.5 three-pointers per game this season, two more makes per game than the Blue Demons allow (5.5).
- The Red Storm are 9-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Blue Demons are 1-5 ATS and 1-6 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from