A playoff matchup features the Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8) against the Los Angeles Chargers (10-7) in the AFC Wild Card round on January 14 at 8:15 PM ET at TIAA Bank Field.
The Jaguars are small underdogs (+2.5) in their matchup with the Chargers (the game has a total of 46.5 points).
The betting insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 14, 2023 at 8:49 PM ET. See below the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Chargers Vs Jaguars Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Jaguars (+2.5)||Under (46.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||23.0 (13)||23.8 (10)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.6 (21)||20.6 (12)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.3 (17)||5.7 (7)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.9 (29)||5.4 (15)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||19 (5)||22 (14)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||24 (11)||27 (4)|
Chargers Betting Insights
- The Chargers have 11 wins in 17 games against the spread this season.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, Los Angeles is 6-5 against the spread.
- Out of 17 Chargers games so far this year, six have gone over the total.
- Nine times so far this year, the Chargers and their opponent have combined for more than 46.5 points.
- Los Angeles games average 47.7 total points per game this season (postseason included), 1.2 greater than the over/under for this matchup.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- The Jaguars have covered the spread eight times in 17 games.
- Jacksonville has an ATS record of 7-3 as 2.5-point underdogs or more.
- The Jaguars have seen eight of their 17 games hit the over.
- So far this year, nine Jacksonville games have featured more than 46.5 points scored.
- Games involving the Jaguars this year have averaged 44.0 points per game, a 2.5-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has thrown for 4,739 yards (278.8 ypg) to lead Los Angeles, completing 68.2% of his passes and tossing 25 touchdown passes compared to 10 interceptions this season.
- Austin Ekeler has 915 rushing yards on 204 carries, scoring 13 touchdowns. He’s also added 722 yards (42.5 per game) on 107 catches with five touchdowns.
- Joshua Kelley has carried the ball 69 times for 287 yards (22.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Josh Palmer’s 769 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 107 times and has totaled 72 receptions and three touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen has put together a 752-yard season with four touchdowns, hauling in 66 passes on 89 targets.
- Khalil Mack has 7.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 8.0 TFL and 50 tackles.
- Los Angeles’ top-tackler, Drue Tranquill, has 142 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Bryce Callahan has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 47 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and six passes defended to his name.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Trevor Lawrence has thrown for 4,113 yards on 387-of-584 passing with 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 291 yards and five rushing touchdowns.
- Travis Etienne is his team’s leading rusher with 220 carries for 1,125 yards, or 66.2 per game. He’s found the end zone five times on the ground, as well. Etienne has also chipped in with 35 catches for 316 yards.
- Christian Kirk’s 1,108 receiving yards (65.2 yards per game) are a team high. He has 84 receptions on 133 targets with eight touchdowns.
- Zay Jones has caught 82 passes and compiled 823 receiving yards (51.4 per game) with five touchdowns.
- Evan Engram’s 73 catches (on 98 targets) have netted him 766 yards (45.1 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Josh Allen has 6.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 9.0 TFL and 58 tackles.
- Foyesade Oluokun is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s totaled 184 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Devin Lloyd has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 113 tackles and eight passes defended.
How to Bet on Chargers vs Jaguars
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.