The Los Angeles Lakers (22-8) host the Miami Heat (12-17) as 3-point favorites after LeBron James scored 32 points in the Lakers’ 109-98 loss to the Nets. The matchup airs on ABC at 8:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 212.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 20, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Heat Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 20
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Kyle Kuzma: Day To Day (Back),
Dennis Schroder: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Ankle),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Avery Bradley: Out (Calf),
Goran Dragic: Out (Ankle),
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Knee),
Chris Silva: Out (Hip),
Meyers Leonard: Out For Season (Shoulder)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-3)|
|Total Pick||Over (212.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 113, Heat 105|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Lakers favored by three, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (8.6 points). Put your money on the Lakers.
The model projects a total 5.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ points prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 3.6 points greater than his season average of 25.9.
- Anthony Davis’ rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 9.5 rebounds, 1.1 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.4.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Davis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Bam Adebayo’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 33.5, 1.1 less than his season average of 34.6.
- Jimmy Butler’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 2.1 less than his season average of 34.6.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Butler’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals less than his season average of 1.9.
- This season, the Lakers have a 48.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.7% higher than the 45% of shots the Heat’s opponents have knocked down.
- Los Angeles is 13-12 against the spread and 18-7 overall when it shoots higher than 45% from the field.
- Miami’s record is 8-15 against the spread and 12-11 overall when its opponents make more than 48.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Heat are shooting 46.4% from the field, 1.4% higher than the 45% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Miami has a 9-10 record against the spread and a 10-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 45% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 9-5 against the spread and 12-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 46.4% from the field.
- The Lakers shoot 35.8% from deep, 1.3% lower than the 37.1% the Heat allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 8-4 against the spread and 11-1 overall when it shoots better than 37.1% from distance.
- Miami has put up a 6-9 against the spread while going 7-8 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.8% from deep.
- The Heat are hitting 35.2% of their shots from deep, which is the same that the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Miami is 8-9 ATS and 11-6 overall when the team makes more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 9-6 ATS record and a 12-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.2% of its three-point shots.
- The Lakers knock down 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 13 per game the Heat give up.
- Miami is 4-3 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Los Angeles is 5-11 ATS and 8-8 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Lakers are the 27th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Heat give up the 29th-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Heat Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Heat AVG||Heat Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from