The UAB Blazers (16-4) are favored (by 6.5 points) to continue a seven-game home win streak when they host the Old Dominion Monarchs (10-5) on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 130 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 19, 2021, 2:16 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model projects the Blazers to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (9.3 to 6.5).
In this game, the model projects a total (134.8 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (130 points).
Prediction: UAB 72, Old Dominion 63
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blazers’ average implied point total this season is 4.9 more points than their implied total in Friday’s game (72.9 implied points on average compared to 68 implied points in this game).
- UAB has surpassed its implied point total for this matchup (68) 11 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Monarchs (71.3) is 9.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (62).
- Old Dominion has put up more than 62 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UAB and Old Dominion Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Blazers have a 45.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% higher than the 44.2% of shots the Monarchs’ opponents have hit.
- UAB is 10-3 overall and 8-4 against the spread when it shoots higher than 44.2% from the field.
- Old Dominion’s record is 3-2-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when its opponents make more than 45.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Monarchs have shot at a 43.8% clip from the field this season, 4.4 percentage points greater than the 39.4% shooting opponents of the Blazers have averaged.
- Old Dominion has compiled an 8-2 straight up record and a 4-5 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 39.4% from the field.
- When UAB’s opponents hit better than 43.8% from the field, it is 9-1 against the spread and 12-0 overall.
- The Blazers shoot 30.7% from three-point range, 5.7% lower than the 36.4% the Monarchs allow to opponents.
- UAB has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Old Dominion is 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when its opponents make more than 30.7% of their shots from deep.
- The Monarchs are knocking down 28% of their shots from three-point range, which is 1.2 percentage points fewer than the 29.2% the Blazers’ are averaging on the season.
- Old Dominion has a 3-3-1 ATS record and is 8-0 straight-up in games when the team hits more than 29.2% of its three-point attempts.
- UAB has an 8-2 straight-up record and a 6-3 ATS record this season when it hits more than 28% of its three-point shots.
- UAB is 5-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Old Dominion is 4-7-1 ATS and 8-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from