LeBron James leads the Los Angeles Lakers (22-7) into a matchup with the Brooklyn Nets (18-12) after scoring 30 points in an 112-104 win over the Timberwolves. The Lakers are 2.5-point favorites in the matchup on Thursday, February 18, 2021, which tips off at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The matchup has an over/under set at 232 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of February 18, 2021, 12:06 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Nets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 18
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Kyrie Irving: Day To Day (Back),
Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring),
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot: Day To Day (Knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Iman Shumpert: Out (Left Hamstring)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-2.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (232)|
|Prediction||Lakers 117, Nets 112|
The model projects the Lakers to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (5.1 to 2.5).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (229.1 points) slightly lower than the DraftKings over/under (232 points).
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 45.5, 3.8 greater than his season average of 41.7.
- Anthony Davis’ rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 8.5 rebounds, 0.1 rebounds higher than his season average of 8.4.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- James Harden’s assists prop over/under for the contest is posted at 9.5 assists, 1.8 assists less than his season average of 11.3.
- Kevin Durant’s points prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.5 points less than his season average of 29.0.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Kyrie Irving’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals greater than his season average of 1.1.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.7% from the field this season, 1.9 percentage points higher than the 46.8% the Nets allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 10-9 against the spread and 14-5 overall when it shoots better than 46.8% from the field.
- Brooklyn has a 10-9 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 48.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Nets have shot at a 50.2% rate from the field this season, 5.3 percentage points higher than the 44.9% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- Brooklyn has put together a 12-12 record against the spread and a 16-8 straight up record in games it shoots better than 44.9% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot greater than 50.2% from the field, it is 13-13 against the spread and 20-6 overall.
- The Lakers’ 36.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Nets have shot from beyond the arc (36.4%).
- Los Angeles is 8-5 against the spread and 11-2 overall when it shoots better than 36.4% from distance.
- Brooklyn has put up a 7-6 against the spread while going 9-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.1% from deep.
- The Nets are knocking down 40.7% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 5.9 percentage points higher than the 34.8% the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Brooklyn is 12-11 ATS and 15-8 overall when the team makes more than 34.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has an 11-13 ATS record and an 18-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 40.7% from three-point distance.
- The Lakers’ 10.9 made three-pointers per game this season is 4.2 fewer made shots on average than the 15.1 per game the Nets give up.
- When Brooklyn makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 10-11 against the spread and 13-8 overall. When Los Angeles is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 5-10 ATS and 8-7 straight up.
- The Lakers rank 26th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Nets give up the 12th-fewest made threes in the league.
Lakers vs Nets Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Nets AVG||Nets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from