The Oregon State Beavers (10-10) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they host the Utah Utes (9-8) as 2.5-point underdogs at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Gill Coliseum. The game airs on PACN. The matchup has an over/under set at 137 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 18, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Utes taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (0.5 points). Lean towards taking the Beavers.
The model projects a total 1.6 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Utah 70, Oregon State 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Utes this season is 72.7 points, 2.7 more points than their implied total of 70 points in Thursday’s game.
- Utah has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) 12 times.
- The Beavers’ average implied point total on the season (73.5 points) is 6.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (67 points).
- Oregon State is aiming to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the 13th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Utah and Oregon State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Utes have a 45.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% higher than the 43.1% of shots the Beavers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Utah has amassed a 6-6 record against the spread and an 8-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 43.1% from the field.
- Oregon State’s record is 8-3-1 against the spread and 8-5 overall when its opponents make more than 45.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Beavers are shooting 42.1% from the field, 1.3% lower than the 43.4% the Utes’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Oregon State has a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 43.4% from the field.
- Utah is 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall in games its opponents shoot above 42.1% from the field.
- The Utes’ 33.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Beavers have shot from beyond the arc (30.2%).
- Utah has assembled a 5-6 record against the spread and a 7-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 30.2% of its three-point shots.
- Oregon State is 8-3-1 against the spread and 9-4 overall when its opponents make more than 33.7% of their shots from deep.
- The Beavers three-point shooting percentage this season (35.5%) is -0.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Utes are averaging (35.7%).
- Oregon State has a 6-3-1 ATS record and is 8-3 straight-up when the team hits more than 35.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah is 3-5 ATS and 5-3 overall in games when shooting above 35.5% from deep.
- Oregon State is 5-3 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Utah is 4-8 ATS and 5-7 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from