The California Golden Bears (8-15) visit the Washington State Cougars (12-10) after losing three road games in a row. The Cougars are favored by only 3 points in the contest, which starts at 10:30 PM ET on Thursday, February 18, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 131.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 18, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Cougars favored by three, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (5.3 points).
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 5.1 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: Washington State 71, Cal 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cougars’ average implied point total this season is 5.6 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (72.6 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- Washington State is aiming to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (67) for the 10th time this season.
- The Golden Bears’ average implied point total on the season (71 points) is seven points higher than their implied total in this matchup (64 points).
- Cal has totaled more than 64 points 13 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Washington State and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 41.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 5.1 percentage points lower than the Golden Bears have allowed to their opponents (46.6%).
- Washington State has gone 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- Cal is 5-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 41.5% from the field.
- The Golden Bears are shooting 43.8% from the field, -3.2% lower than the 40.6% the Cougars’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cal is 7-6 overall and 8-4 against the spread when it makes more than 40.6% of its attempts from the field.
- When Washington State’s opponents hit better than 43.8% from the field, it is 7-6 against the spread and 11-2 overall.
- The Cougars shoot 33.7% from beyond the arc, 4.3% lower than the 38% the Golden Bears allow to opponents.
- Washington State is 5-3 overall and 4-4 against the spread when it shoots better than 38% from distance.
- Cal has gone 5-4 overall and has a 5-2 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.7% from downtown.
- The Golden Bears three-point shooting percentage this season (33.5%) is -2.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Cougars are averaging (31.4%).
- Cal is 11-5 against the spread and 7-9 overall when shooting over 31.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Washington State is 11-3 overall and 8-6 ATS in games it shoots above 33.5% from deep.
- When Washington State makes more threes than its opponents, it is 7-5-1 against the spread and 7-6 overall. When Cal is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 2-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from