The Pittsburgh Panthers (9-7) are at home in ACC play against the NC State Wolf Pack (8-9) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 4:30 PM ET. The Panthers are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 143.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.3 points of each other.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.2 points of each other.
Prediction: Pittsburgh 73, NC State 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Panthers’ average implied point total this season is 0.6 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (73.6 implied points on average compared to 73 implied points in this game).
- Pittsburgh will look to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the sixth time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Wolf Pack (76.9) is 6.9 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (70).
- NC State has totaled more than 70 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Pittsburgh and NC State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Panthers are shooting 43.4% from the field this season, three percentage points lower than the 46.4% the Wolf Pack allow to opponents.
- Pittsburgh is 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it shoots better than 46.4% from the field.
- NC State’s record is 3-2 against the spread and 5-0 overall when its opponents make more than 43.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Wolf Pack’s 46.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is four percentage points higher than the Panthers have allowed to their opponents (42.7%).
- This season, NC State has an 8-7 record overall and a 6-8-1 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots better than 42.7% from the field.
- When opponents of Pittsburgh shoot greater than 46.7% from the field, it is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- The Panthers shoot 32.8% from deep, 3.4% lower than the 36.2% the Wolf Pack allow to opponents.
- Pittsburgh has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall when the team makes more than 36.2% of its attempts from three-point distance.
- NC State has put together a 3-1-1 against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.8% from downtown.
- The Wolf Pack shoot 36.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 4.6 percentage points higher than the Panthers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (31.5%).
- NC State is 5-5-1 against the spread and 6-5 overall when shooting over 31.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Pittsburgh is 8-4 overall and 7-5 ATS in games it shoots over 36.1% from deep.
- When NC State makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall. When Pittsburgh is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 4-3 ATS and 3-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from