The Marquette Golden Eagles (9-12) are 2-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Butler Bulldogs (7-11) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 6:30 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has an over/under set at 129.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Eagles (+2)
The model favors the Bulldogs by 0.5 points, just 1.5 fewer than the 2-point spread set by DraftKings.
In this game, the model projects a total (136.0 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (129.5 points).
Prediction: Butler 69, Marquette 68
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Bulldogs have an average implied point total of 68.9 this season, which is 2.9 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (66).
- So far this season, Butler has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (66) nine times.
- The 71.4-point average implied total on the season for the Golden Eagles is 7.4 more points than the team’s 64-point implied total in this matchup.
- Marquette has scored more than 64 points 14 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Butler and Marquette Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs are shooting 41.4% from the field this season, the same as the Golden Eagles allow to opponents.
- When Butler shoots higher than 41.4% from the field, it is 4-4 against the spread and 4-5 overall.
- Marquette is 8-5 overall and 4-8 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 41.4% from the field.
- The Golden Eagles have shot at a 44.5% clip from the field this season, -2.2 percentage points higher than the 46.7% shooting opponents of the Bulldogs have averaged.
- Marquette has compiled a 2-5 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall in games when it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- Butler is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.5% from the field.
- The Bulldogs’ 33.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Golden Eagles have shot from deep (36.5%).
- Butler has put together a 2-5 straight-up record and a 3-2-1 record against the spread in games when the team hits more than 36.5% of its three-point shots this season.
- Marquette has put up a 3-6 against the spread while going 5-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.9% from deep.
- The Golden Eagles shoot 33.6% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 3.6 percentage points lower than the Bulldogs have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.2%).
- Marquette has a 3-4 ATS record and has gone 4-3 straight-up when hitting more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Butler has a 4-1 straight-up record and a 4-0 ATS record when it has shot better than 33.6% from three-point range.
- The Bulldogs are 5-1-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Golden Eagles are 3-9 ATS and 5-9 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from