The Louisville Cardinals (11-4) host the Syracuse Orange (12-6) in a matchup of ACC teams at KFC Yum! Center, starting at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The Cardinals are 4-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 141.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:14 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The DraftKings line for this game has the Cardinals favored by four, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (5.7 points).
The DraftKings total for this game, 141 points, and the model’s projected total, 140.4 points, are only 0.6 points apart.
Prediction: Louisville 73, Syracuse 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cardinals have an average implied point total of 71.3 this season, which is 1.7 points lower than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (73).
- Louisville has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (73) seven times.
- The Orange’s average implied point total on the season (76.6 points) is 7.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- Syracuse is looking to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (69) for the 14th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Louisville and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Cardinals have a 45.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.4% higher than the 40.8% of shots the Orange’s opponents have hit.
- Louisville is 6-4-1 against the spread and 10-2 overall in games when it shoots higher than 40.8% from the field.
- Syracuse is 4-7 against the spread and 11-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.2% from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 44.3% from the field, 4.2% higher than the 40.1% the Cardinals’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Syracuse has a 10-3 record overall and a 5-5 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots higher than 40.1% from the field.
- This season, Louisville has a 6-3-1 record against the spread and a 10-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44.3% from the field.
- The Cardinals’ 31.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 1.5 percentage points higher than opponents of the Orange have shot from deep (30.3%).
- Louisville is 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it shoots better than 30.3% from distance.
- Syracuse has compiled a 3-4 against the spread while going 7-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 31.8% from downtown.
- The Orange three-point shooting percentage this season (32.4%) is 1.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cardinals are averaging (30.7%).
- Syracuse is 4-5 ATS and 8-2 overall when the team makes more than 30.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Louisville has a 7-2-1 ATS record and a 10-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.4% from deep.
- The Cardinals hit 5.5 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 7.7 per game the Orange allow.
- Syracuse is 3-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Louisville is 2-6 ATS and 5-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from