The Kentucky Wildcats (6-13) visit the Vanderbilt Commodores (6-10) after losing four straight road games. The Wildcats are favored by 3.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 140.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
The model predicts a total 2.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Kentucky 73, Vanderbilt 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Wildcats this season is 73.3 points, 1.3 more points than their implied total of 72 points in Wednesday’s game.
- So far this season, Kentucky has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) seven times.
- The 77.8-point average implied total on the season for the Commodores is 8.8 more points than the team’s 69-point implied total in this matchup.
- Vanderbilt has scored more than this game’s implied total of 69 points 11 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kentucky and Vanderbilt Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats are shooting 41.8% from the field this season, 5.7 percentage points lower than the 47.5% the Commodores allow to opponents.
- In games when Kentucky shoots better than 47.5% from the field, it is 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Vanderbilt’s record is 1-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread when its opponents make more than 41.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Commodores are shooting 43.6% from the field, -2.7% lower than the 40.9% the Wildcats’ opponents have shot this season.
- Vanderbilt has compiled a 4-7 straight up record and a 9-2 record against the spread in games it shoots over 40.9% from the field.
- When Kentucky’s opponents hit better than 43.6% from the field, it is 4-10-1 against the spread and 6-9 overall.
- The Wildcats’ 32.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Commodores have shot from beyond the arc (36%).
- Kentucky has assembled a 3-6 record against the spread and a 5-4 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 36% of its three-point shots.
- Vanderbilt is 3-1-1 against the spread while putting up a 5-0 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 32.7% from downtown.
- The Commodores’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.6%) is just 4.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Wildcats are averaging (31.3%).
- Vanderbilt is 8-2-1 ATS and 4-7 overall when hitting more than 31.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Kentucky is 3-8-1 ATS and 3-9 overall in games it shoots above 35.6% from deep.
- The Wildcats hit 5.9 three-pointers per game this season, 3.6 fewer made shots on average than the 9.5 per game the Commodores allow.
- Vanderbilt has gone 7-3 against the spread and 5-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Kentucky makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 1-9-1 ATS and 2-9 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from