The Kansas State Wildcats (5-16) are expected to continue a 12-game losing streak when they host the No. 23 Kansas Jayhawks (15-7) as 13-point underdogs at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Bramlage Coliseum. The game airs on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model and DraftKings both have the Jayhawks taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (11.7 points). Lean towards taking the Wildcats.
In this game, the model projects a total (139.0 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (135.5 points).
Prediction: Kansas 75, Kansas State 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Jayhawks have an average implied point total of 75.5 this season, which is 1.5 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (74).
- Kansas has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (74) 10 times.
- The Wildcats’ average implied point total on the season (72.4 points) is 11.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (61 points).
- Kansas State has put up more than 61 points 11 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Kansas and Kansas State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 13+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Jayhawks are shooting 44.2% from the field this season, three percentage points lower than the 47.2% the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Kansas has a 4-3-1 record against the spread and a 6-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Kansas State is 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.2% from the field.
- The Wildcats’ 42% shooting percentage from the field this season is -0.6 percentage points lower than the Jayhawks have given up to their opponents (41.4%).
- This season, Kansas State has a 4-7 record overall and a 6-5 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots over 41.4% from the field.
- When Kansas’ opponents hit better than 42% from the field, it is 9-3 against the spread and 13-0 overall.
- The Jayhawks are hitting 35.6% of their three-point shots this season, 3.6% lower than the 39.2% the Wildcats allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Kansas is 4-2-1 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots better than 39.2% from deep.
- Kansas State is 2-6 overall and 3-5 against the spread when its opponents shoot better than 35.6% from deep.
- The Wildcats are hitting 31.2% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 3.2 percentage points fewer than the 34.4% the Jayhawks’ are averaging on the season.
- Kansas State is 3-5 straight-up and has a 4-4 ATS record when the team makes more than 34.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Kansas has a 7-0 straight-up record and a 6-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 31.2% from three-point distance.
- The Jayhawks are 6-2-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Wildcats are 5-7 ATS and 2-10 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from