The No. 17 USC Trojans (17-3) will look to build on a six-game winning streak when they host the Arizona State Sun Devils (7-9) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Galen Center as heavy, 10.5-point favorites. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has an over/under of 146.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.1 points of each other.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 1.0 point of each other.
Prediction: USC 78, Arizona State 67
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Trojans this season is 73.7 points, 4.3 fewer points than their implied total of 78 points in Wednesday’s game.
- This season, USC has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (78) seven times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Sun Devils (78.8) is 10.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (68).
- Arizona State has scored more than 68 points 12 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and Arizona State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 10.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Trojans make 46.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.9 percentage points higher than the Sun Devils have allowed to their opponents (44.9%).
- USC is 11-2 against the spread and 13-0 overall when it shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
- Arizona State’s record is 1-8 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 46.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Sun Devils have shot at a 43.2% clip from the field this season, 5.2 percentage points higher than the 38% shooting opponents of the Trojans have averaged.
- Arizona State is 1-9-1 against the spread and 7-5 overall when shooting better than 38% from the field.
- USC is 12-4 against the spread and 14-3 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.2% from the field.
- The Trojans are making 33.4% of their three-point shots this season, 2% lower than the 35.4% the Sun Devils allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- USC has collected a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 35.4% of its three-point shots.
- Arizona State has a 1-5 record against the spread while going 4-3 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 33.4% from downtown.
- The Sun Devils shoot 31.9% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -1.4 percentage points lower than the Trojans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (30.5%).
- Arizona State is 3-5 overall and 1-6-1 against the spread when it shoots over 30.5% as a team from three-point distance.
- USC has a 10-0 straight-up record and a 9-1 ATS record when it has shot better than 31.9% from three-point range.
- The Trojans make 6.1 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer made shots on average than the 7.2 per game the Sun Devils give up.
- Arizona State has gone 1-5 against the spread and 2-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When USC hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-3 ATS and 8-1 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from