The Duke Blue Devils (8-8) hit the road in ACC play against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-9) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Blue Devils are favored by 6 points in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Demon Deacons (+6)
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (2.4 points) is considerably less than the 6-point edge DraftKings gives to the Blue Devils, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Demon Deacons to cover.
In this game, the model projects a total (144.4 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (145.5 points).
Prediction: Duke 73, Wake Forest 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Blue Devils have an average implied point total of 76.5 this season, which is 0.5 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (76).
- Duke has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (76) seven times.
- The Demon Deacons’ average implied point total on the season (75.4 points) is 5.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (70 points).
- Wake Forest is attempting to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (70) for the sixth time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Duke and Wake Forest Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Blue Devils are shooting 46.4% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points higher than the 45.2% the Demon Deacons allow to opponents.
- Duke has a 6-4 straight-up record and a 3-6 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 45.2% from the field.
- Wake Forest has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 46.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Demon Deacons are shooting 43% from the field, 3.8% lower than the 46.8% the Blue Devils’ opponents have shot this season.
- Wake Forest has put together a 2-1 straight up record and a 2-1 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- Duke is 2-1 overall and 1-2 against the spread in games it allows opponents to shoot over 43% from the field.
- The Blue Devils are knocking down 35.1% of their three-point shots this season, 0.1% higher than the 35% the Demon Deacons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Duke is 4-2 overall and 2-3 against the spread when it shoots better than 35% from distance.
- Wake Forest has put up a 6-1 against the spread while going 3-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.1% from downtown.
- The Demon Deacons’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.5%) is just 2.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Blue Devils are averaging (38%).
- Wake Forest has a 6-1 ATS record and is 3-4 straight-up when the team makes more than 38% of its three-point attempts.
- Duke has a 3-4 ATS record and a 6-2 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 35.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Wake Forest has gone 8-1 against the spread and 4-5 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Duke makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 2-5 ATS and 4-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from