The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-8) visit the Indiana Hoosiers (11-9) after losing seven straight road games. The Hoosiers are favored by 5 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is 136.5.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 17, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Golden Gophers (+5)
The model favors the Hoosiers by 2.4 points, just 2.6 fewer than the 5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions lower (7.7 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Prediction: Indiana 73, Minnesota 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Hoosiers’ average implied point total this season is 2.3 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (73.3 implied points on average compared to 71 implied points in this game).
- Indiana is aiming to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (71) for the 10th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Golden Gophers (78.2) is 12.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Minnesota is aiming to surpass its implied point total for this matchup (66) for the 15th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Indiana and Minnesota Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Hoosiers make 44.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.5 percentage points higher than the Golden Gophers have allowed to their opponents (43%).
- Indiana is 7-3-1 against the spread and 8-3 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 43% from the field.
- Minnesota is 9-3-1 against the spread and 13-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 44.5% from the field.
- The Golden Gophers have shot at a 40.5% clip from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points fewer than the 42% shooting opponents of the Hoosiers have averaged.
- Minnesota is 8-2-1 against the spread and 12-0 overall when it shoots better than 42% from the field.
- When Indiana’s opponents hit better than 40.5% from the field, it is 8-2-1 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- The Hoosiers are knocking down 34.6% of their three-point shots this season, 1.7% higher than the 32.9% the Golden Gophers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Indiana has a 6-5-2 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall when the team hits more than 32.9% of its shots from three-point range.
- Minnesota has put together a 10-1 straight-up record and gone 8-3 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 34.6% from three-point range.
- The Golden Gophers shoot 29.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 4.6 percentage points lower than the Hoosiers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (34%).
- Minnesota’s record is 3-1-1 ATS and 4-1 overall when the team makes more than 34% of its three-point attempts.
- Indiana is 6-1 ATS and 6-1 overall in games when shooting above 29.4% from deep.
- The Hoosiers knock down 6.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.3 fewer makes per game than the Golden Gophers give up (7.6).
- Minnesota has gone 7-4-1 against the spread and 8-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Indiana makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-5-2 ATS and 5-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from